The Mission of the Department of Health Policy and Management is to improve the health status of all people in the community by:
• Developing the next generation of leaders in the health sector
• Conducting the highest quality research
• Innovating to solve the complex challenges of health care policy and delivery
• Educating health policy, management, and public health practice professionals
• Partnering with the community to disseminate and apply new knowledge
To build healthy futures for all populations by preparing research, management and policy leaders focused on increasing the equity, effectiveness and efficiency of health services for both personal as well as population health.
Honesty and Integrity: Commitment to upholding the highest standards of professional conduct in all endeavors.
Social Justice: Commitment to treating all persons fairly and equitably.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: Acknowledgement of the benefits of differences and similarities among people and working to build sustainable relationships among people and institutions with diverse memberships, through equal treatment and access to resources and decisions.
Excellence in scholarship and education: Commitment to establishing and maintaining the highest quality research, teaching and professional service.
Continuous Improvement: Commitment to a self-reflective departmental environment that seeks to continually improve the quality of its teaching, research and service.